Was Your Heart Attack Misdiagnosed?
Heart attacks are the single leading cause of death across America.* More than half a million people die each year due to heart disease.
Yet a heart attack does not always spell a death sentence. Thousands of people survive heart attacks and go on to live long, healthy lives. Prompt diagnosis and treatment can often make the difference between life and death.
Others, however, are not so fortunate. Patients who know something is deeply wrong – and appropriately seek immediate treatment at an emergency room – are sometimes brushed aside or sent home. The missed diagnosis may only come to light after it is too late.
Get Answers And Accountability
How could a condition as serious as a heart attack go overlooked? At the Hackensack law firm of Breslin & Breslin, P.A., we can help you pursue accountability and find answers.
Our attorneys have sought closure for countless victims of medical malpractice – including misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose a heart attack – across New Jersey. The financial recovery for some of our clients far exceeded $1 million. However, what ultimately drives us is not the dollar amount at stake, but rather the rewarding work of helping everyday people who have suffered tragic misfortune.
Obtain A Professional And Confidential Opinion On Your Case – For Free
During a free consultation at Breslin & Breslin, you can expect to come away with a better understanding of your legal options. We draw on extensive experience in medical malpractice to assess the viability of potential claims. In fact, one of our lawyers is also a registered nurse. We will explore whether the emergency room doctor, internist, cardiologist or other practitioner acted negligently by:
- Failing to conduct a thorough medical history, physical examination and risk assessment
- Overlooking or ignoring tell-tale symptoms
- Failing to order an EKG, blood test, stress test, echocardiogram or other diagnostic tests
- Failing to properly interpret test results
- Failing to prescribe appropriate medications – or sloppily prescribing wrong medications that only make things worse
- Misdiagnosing a heart attack as acid reflux, pulled muscle or some other benign condition
*Source: U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention