Justice, Clarity and Peace Of Mind In Your Time Of Need
Birth Injury Claims Resulting From Negligent Maternity Care
The potential for birth injury can occur well before the actual labor and delivery process. Negligent prenatal or maternity care can result in serious and potentially lifelong congenital birth defects. At Breslin & Breslin, we offer counsel and representation for mothers and their families whose children may have sustained birth injuries or congenital defects as a result of negligent care during pregnancy. Contact our office in Hackensack to learn more about how we can help and to discuss your case with an RN attorney.
Call 201-546-5881 For Experienced Advice On Obstetrician Malpractice During Pregnancy
Not all pregnancy complications or congenital birth defects are the result of malpractice. Many obstetricians, family physicians, midwives and hospital birthing centers provide a high quality of antenatal care. Our experience in the investigation and proof of negligent maternity care includes consultation with top medical experts who can analyze your claim and provide the expert testimony needed to establish a legal claim. If they determine that failure to follow the proper standards of prenatal care played a significant role in your injury or your child’s subsequent health issue, we have the trial skills needed to pursue damages that you are entitled to receive.
Our attorneys handle prenatal care negligence claims arising from:
- Failure to diagnose or delayed diagnosis of prenatal infections such as the measles, rubella, toxoplasmosis and others which could harm the unborn fetus
- Delayed diagnosis or mismanagement of pre-eclampsia (gestational hypertension) or gestational diabetes during pregnancy
- Failure to assess the risks of certain medications that could negatively affect the unborn fetus
- Failure to diagnose serious birth defects in the womb
- Mismanagement of an ectopic pregnancy
- Difficult pregnancies involving twins, triplets or more multiple births
- Mismanagement during labor and delivery such as failure to recognize signs of fetal distress or delay in performing an emergency C-section
- Placenta previa
- Problems resulting from a retained placenta
The costs of caring for a child with a significant birth defect or birth injury caused by prenatal negligence can be highly expensive. We strive to help clients understand what happened and obtain any damages they are owed to offset the increased costs of caring for a child with disabilities.
Our attorneys recovered $2.35 million on behalf of an infant who was born with a congenital heart defect and hearing loss caused by a failure of the mother’s obstetricians to diagnose or treat her rubella during pregnancy.
For more information about our approach to managing birth injury claims, contact Breslin & Breslin for a free consultation with one of our seasoned New Jersey trial lawyers. We represent clients throughout the state.
Proven Results Since 1936